Thursday, September 9, 2010

Character design - Inspired Images

After i had finished the profiling i immediately had some pictures/reference that i already had in mind, such as amphibians e.g frogs , the human muscular outline so i could draw upon it when i drew my character in illustrator.
Recently i saw pirates of the Caribbean 3 i think it was boring but the effects were good to look at and the character that really caught my attention was the evil nemesis Davy Jones - the tentacles i liked to use as a feature as well on my character.

Here are some of the images i that helped me developed my character;


Muscle drawing since i wanted my character to be a very tall person - male but almost like a giant " a big bear" with lots of muscles.


The character that caught my attention and felt i could incorporate into my character developement


Another amphibian i could think of that looked interesting - Axolotl hmmm i think i want one as a pet!


Frogs! i looked at mostly their legs - webbed feet something i could use .
I don't know why but to me it looked humanoid to me





And Character concepts as a template for mine

Some examples of template layouts that i could use








A character design from Blizzard

No comments:

Post a Comment